We are looking for a business intelligence (BI) lead who will be working on designing various analytical reports on company data and delivering them to top management and other interested parties. As a BI lead, you will be working with business users, collecting their requests, and then creating BI reports to accommodate business needs. You will be expected to establish company standards and common reporting terminology, and to help align existing and future reporting requests to such standards. You will also be interacting with data engineers whenever data schemas need redesigning to accommodate new reporting requirements.
- Collect and maintain the set of business reporting requirements.
- Implement BI reports based on the above requirements.
- Analyze existing reports and optimize them for standardization across the company.
- Set up and maintain BI tools, infrastructure, and integration with company data sources.
- Work with data engineers, data scientists, and data collection application engineers. Propose data schema and data flow optimization for reporting performance and enhancement as needed.
- Adept at the use of BI reporting tools such as Power BI, Apache Superset.
- Additional exposure to other BI reporting tools such as Grafana, Tableau would be helpful.
- Adept at using automation tools in BI reporting for alerts, emails and scheduled jobs for dataset refreshes.
- Strong understanding of DAX queries for creating business metrics
- Understanding data modeling, data schemas (normalized, flat, star, snowflake, etc.).
- Expertise in SQL and ability to make complex queries and troubleshoot
- Skilled in data and query optimization, query profiling, and query performance monitoring tools and techniques.
- Understanding database operations and optimization for database such as Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Timeseries database.
- Good analytical mindset and teamwork spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creating and maintaining business requirements and other technical documentation.
- Problem solving abilities and keen eye for details.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Power Query
- Business Intelligence
- Power Automate
- Microsoft Flow
- Apache Superset
- Interactive visual
- Advanced Excel